Muscle G's Iron Page

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Muscle G's Iron Page

A place for fellow powerlifters to discuss training, upcoming meets, and to keep up with out of state fellow lifters

+3
FasterThanLight
Muscle_G
ct67_72
7 posters

introduce yourself

ct67_72
    ct67_72

introduce yourself Empty introduce yourself

Post  ct67_72 Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:34 pm

One of the things I like most about this type of forum, especially when first starting out is that the members who are here first really take a big part in what the forum is.
    so I really like for everyone to introduce themselves because its these first groups of members that everyone ends up knowing and end up participating the most.
    so I am Dan, from Connecticut. Currently on the job hunt. I have lifted weights since I can remember but for the first time in years Im educated enough to be making real progress.
    Not sure what I want out of it, because Im very competitive natured, so I guess well see if I can get strong enough to do something about it lol.
    you can find me here also
    myspace.com/driftsil40
    Muscle_G
    Muscle_G
    Admin

introduce yourself Empty Re: introduce yourself

Post  Muscle_G Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:18 pm

My name is George, I'm from South Carolina. I'm 27yrs old and I have been working out since I was 12 and been powerlifting since 04 in the APA fed(about to start competeing in APF/AAPF & UPA as well), although I did some gym meets that wasn't sanctioned when I was a teenager. I work at a grocery store as a stocker, also I've been married for almost 8yrs now and I have 3 children(2 girls, 1 boy)
    FasterThanLight

Post  FasterThanLight Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:56 pm

Hey, my name is Val I am 21. I started lifting very young, but as others I just recently began to understand lifting more in the recent years. I am looking to compete at some point once I get my back in good shape, because its been stupid right now and does not want to heal.
    LIftBig315

Post  LIftBig315 Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:35 pm

Dustin from ND. I have been lifting for quite some time, always have been interested in putting up the most weight that I can. I have never competed in any competitions. Although that is one of my current goals. I want to follow the WSB program and see where I can go from there and then enter a few.
    Muscle_G
    Muscle_G
    Admin

Post  Muscle_G Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:37 pm

Great to have everyone here.
    ct67_72
    ct67_72

Post  ct67_72 Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:40 pm

LIftBig315 wrote:Dustin from ND. I have been lifting for quite some time, always have been interested in putting up the most weight that I can. I have never competed in any competitions. Although that is one of my current goals. I want to follow the WSB program and see where I can go from there and then enter a few.
    nice, i just went to my first meet. diddnt compete. I will the next time, good to see how everything works first.
    dont be shy guys, lets get it goin!
    gymfreak

Post  gymfreak Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:31 pm

hello everyone my name is William.I lift at the same gym as muscle g.Thanks George for inviting me to your forum.I got your email about the apa meet coming up,I might do it.Also congrats on your meet you did in Columbia.I'm 41 yrs old geez I feel old now lol.

Thanks for joining William.
    ct67_72
    ct67_72

Post  ct67_72 Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:41 pm

excellent, welcome.
    Ski
    Ski

introduce yourself Empty The New Old Guy!

Post  Ski Mon May 31, 2010 6:58 am

Hey George saw this site in your youtube so I thought I'd visit it and start posting in here.
    Nice job.

So for all that don't know me I'm 52 years old complete in powerlifting for the past 2.5 years equipped and raw. My last equipped was in 2008 so I've gotten better in equipped but just have not completed in it yet. I plan to do an equipped meet in Nov 2010 in the APA. Of course I only complete in the "Old Man Class, 50 -54 age group" since I can't complete with you young kids and the weight you guys push.
    I actully started lifting at home in the late 60's early 70' then in the service from 76 to 80. I completed in the USMC powerlifting Team in the FMFPAC at 165lbs and did a 390/275/545 total 1210 raw was my best.
    After that I did BB and was Mr S. Jersey (amatuer) and runner up for Mr Lower Bucks County in the late 80's.
    Went back to power benching and a few meets but never progressed much and in 1994 I hurt my back (3 buldging disks) and stopped lifting till 2004. Got off the meds and found a good Chiropractor/PT and been lifting good and strong since then.

"Old Man Records" yea got a few IPA WR raw squat 505, raw dead 560 and raw total 1435lbs, APA raw squat 625 and raw total 1550 both are WR(world record) and AR(american record) and powerliftingwatch.com has me as the number one raw squatter in the 50 -59 year old 242lbs group for American and World records and total for American.

Old man records are easy cause not many of us do this, most guys my age just drink beer and sit around the house. So the guys that do this don't try too hard and the records are very low in weight or not set at all. For instance the APA raw squat record before I did mine was 420lbs for 50 - 54 242lbs class. I did my opener at 520lbs. I'm not good till I can capture the big 3 (in my age and weight class) but I'm working for it.
    So enough, that is my history and what I want to do so Thnaks George for this site and I'll be posting.
    Muscle_G
    Muscle_G
    Admin

Post  Muscle_G Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:18 pm

Ski wrote:Hey George saw this site in your youtube so I thought I'd visit it and start posting in here.
    Nice job.

So for all that don't know me I'm 52 years old complete in powerlifting for the past 2.5 years equipped and raw. My last equipped was in 2008 so I've gotten better in equipped but just have not completed in it yet. I plan to do an equipped meet in Nov 2010 in the APA. Of course I only complete in the "Old Man Class, 50 -54 age group" since I can't complete with you young kids and the weight you guys push.
    I actully started lifting at home in the late 60's early 70' then in the service from 76 to 80. I completed in the USMC powerlifting Team in the FMFPAC at 165lbs and did a 390/275/545 total 1210 raw was my best.
    After that I did BB and was Mr S. Jersey (amatuer) and runner up for Mr Lower Bucks County in the late 80's.
    Went back to power benching and a few meets but never progressed much and in 1994 I hurt my back (3 buldging disks) and stopped lifting till 2004. Got off the meds and found a good Chiropractor/PT and been lifting good and strong since then.

"Old Man Records" yea got a few IPA WR raw squat 505, raw dead 560 and raw total 1435lbs, APA raw squat 625 and raw total 1550 both are WR(world record) and AR(american record) and powerliftingwatch.com has me as the number one raw squatter in the 50 -59 year old 242lbs group for American and World records and total for American.

Old man records are easy cause not many of us do this, most guys my age just drink beer and sit around the house. So the guys that do this don't try too hard and the records are very low in weight or not set at all. For instance the APA raw squat record before I did mine was 420lbs for 50 - 54 242lbs class. I did my opener at 520lbs. I'm not good till I can capture the big 3 (in my age and weight class) but I'm working for it.
    So enough, that is my history and what I want to do so Thnaks George for this site and I'll be posting.

Nice to have a new face here. So very few post here lol.
    jinhua

Post  jinhua Mon May 30, 2011 2:18 am

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:50 am